The BARONY OF BRYN GWLAD invites all to
A CELEBRATION OF CANDLEMAS
the 5TH day of FEBRUARY, AD 2005, a Saturday
As winter is losing it’s grasp upon our
land and spring draws ever nearer, join Baron Thomas of Tenby as
he greets friends and family coming together in a celebration of
warmth and light. Come also to bear witness as Bryn Gwlad’s
Baronial Artisan is chosen from among the many talented artisans
of our Kingdom. This will be a body of work competition.
Enjoy a day of music, dancing and classes on
various A&S topics, the company of dear friends. Artisans are
invited to send letters of intent addressed to HE Thomas no later
than the 21st day of January, AD 2005, that there might be
sufficient preparations made to best showcase your talents.
Please include in your letter, the amount of space you will
require and the type of entry you are preparing to help us better
meet your needs.
Come one and all to unite music and voice in our
musician’s area. Play for the enjoyment of the music and
the entertainment of the assembled guests.
As evening approaches, HE Mistress Meadhbh has
planned a sumptuous feast. Plan to arrive early to be assured a
place at her table! Feast places sold on a first come, first
served basis or by pre-paid reservation only. ACCEPS coming
Site Fee: $7 ages 16 and up $3 ages 6-15 free
ages 5 and under Family Maximum $21
Feast Fee: $7 sold on site or pre-paid reservation.
Non-Member Surcharge $3 without proof of membership.
Please make checks payable to SCA, Inc.- Barony of Bryn
You may use ACCEPS to pre-register for this event:
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Or you may send your feast reservations to:
P.O. Box -
Austin, Tx 78714
Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They
may also attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and
notarized Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents.
Site Information: San Gabriel Community Center,
San Gabriel Park, Georgetown, Texas. Take best route to IH-35 in
Georgetown. Exit 264 and go South 1.4 miles on US HWY 81
(Business IH-35) Turn left at traffic light (FM 971) and go 0.2
mile and bear right onto River Haven Drive. Go 0.3 mile and bear
right into San Gabriel Park. Go 0.3 mile and turn right at the
community center sign. Proceed up the driveway 0.15 mile to the
San Gabriel Community Center.
Your Candlemas 2005 Crew:
- Steward: Lady Tabitha Baker
MKA: Rhonda Leggett, email: -@yahoo.com
- Feast Steward: Mistress Meadhbh ni Ruaidh o Chonnemara
- Steward Mentor: Mistress Clare RosMuire St John
- Head Server: Mistress Clarissa di Firenze
- Royals Luncheon: Mistress Gwyneth Blackrose
- Judges Food Coordinator: Lady Emeline de Neville
- Gate Coordinator: Lady Amerlot Lissette de Blammont
- Table Reservation Coordinator: Lord Rurik the Red
- Site Set Up Coordinator: Lord Jehan D'Aigle
- Arts and Sciences Competition and Display: Lord Faelan mac
- Class Coordinator: Lady Alina Mitchell
- Dance Coordinator: Lowrie Leulyn
- Voice Herald: Rolf
- Musician Coordinator: Lady Robin Anderson of Ross
- Site Clean Up Coordinator: Lord Marion Du Massue
- Kitchen Clean Up Coordinator: Lord Johann Keifer Hayden
- Door Greeter: Mistress Clare RosMuire St. John
- Children's Class Coordinator: Coblaith Mhumhneach
- Event Website: Claire Shayhan